Ministerial Instructions regarding invitations for PR applications under Express Entry system #264 – September 20, 2023
Candidates in the pool are assessed using the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS), a points-based system. When conducting Express Entry rounds of invitations, we:
- Select the type of round to conduct.
- Determine the number of candidates to invite.
- Identify the highest-ranking candidates in the pool who are eligible for the chosen round type.
- Extend invitations to these candidates to apply for permanent residence.
We conduct various types of rounds:
- General Rounds: We invite top-ranking candidates eligible for any of the three Express Entry programs.
- Program-Specific Rounds: These rounds are for candidates eligible for a specific Express Entry program, such as the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP).
- Category-Based Rounds: The Minister defines a category to meet specific economic goals, and we invite top-ranking candidates eligible for that category.
To be in the pool, you must meet the eligibility criteria for one of the three Express Entry programs. Category-based rounds help us achieve specific economic goals by inviting top-ranking candidates.
Candidates with a provincial or territorial nomination may receive invitations through general and PNP-specific rounds because they contribute positively to the province’s or territory’s economy.
Each round of invitations has specific instructions, including the date and time, the number of candidates to invite, the round type (general, program-specific, or category-based), and eligibility criteria (for program-specific and category-based rounds). You can assess your score to gauge your likelihood of receiving an invitation in the upcoming round.
Results: Express Entry Rounds of Invitations
Ministerial Instructions Respecting Invitations to Apply for Permanent Residence under the Express Entry System #264 – September 20, 2023
For the complete text of the Ministerial Instruction, please refer to the official source.
Transport occupations (2023-1)
Number of invitations issued: 1,000Footnote*
Rank required to be invited to apply: 1,000 or above
Date and time of round: September 20, 2023 at 14:04:14 UTC
CRS score of lowest-ranked candidate invited: 435
Tie-breaking rule: June 17, 2023, at 06:44:01 UTIn cases where multiple candidates share the lowest score, the cut-off is determined based on the date and time of their Express Entry profile submissions.
Distribution of Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) Scores among Express Entry Pool Candidates as of September 19, 2023
|CRS score range||Number of candidates|
The figures in this table represent the total pool population a few days prior to an invitation round. The distribution of scores may evolve due to the submission of new profiles and the expiration of existing ones.