Ministerial Guidelines for issuing invitations to apply for PR under Express Entry system, #263 (September 19, 2023)
No Program Specified
Number of invitations issued: 3,200
Rank required to be invited to apply: 3,200 or above
Date and time of round: September 19, 2023 at 15:04:11 UTC
CRS score of lowest-ranked candidate invited: 531
Tie-breaking rule: September 12, 2023 at 12:16:31 UTC
If more than one candidate has the lowest score, the cut-off is based on the date and time they submitted their Express Entry profiles.
In accordance with sections 10.3(1)(i)(a) and (j)(b) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration hereby issues the attached Ministerial Instructions regarding Invitations to Apply for Permanent Residence under the Express Entry System, dated September 19, 2023.
Date: Ottawa, September 19, 2023
- In these Instructions, the following definitions apply:
- “Eligible foreign national” refers to a foreign national with an expression of interest in the Express Entry pool established by the Express Entry Instructions.
- “Express Entry Instructions” refers to the Ministerial Instructions Respecting the Express Entry System, as published in the Canada Gazette, Part I, on December 1, 2014, and as amended from time to time.
- “Specific ranking” means (a) For a class described in paragraphs 2(a) to (c) of the Express Entry Instructions, the ranking established solely among eligible foreign nationals eligible to receive invitations within that class. (b) For the class mentioned in paragraph 2(d) of those Instructions, the ranking is established solely among eligible foreign nationals who are members of that class.
- “Invitation” has the same meaning as defined in section 1 of the Express Entry Instructions.
Invitations – Period 2. Invitations may be issued under these Ministerial Instructions from September 19, 2023, to September 20, 2023.
Invitations – Number 3. The maximum number of invitations that may be issued is 3,200.
Invitations – Rank 4. To be invited to apply, eligible foreign nationals must be ranked among the top 3,200 eligible foreign nationals in the general ranking.