Ministerial Guidelines Regarding Permanent Residence Invitations under the Express Entry System (October 24, 2023)
- The following terms apply in these guidelines:
- Eligible Foreign National: A foreign national with an expression of interest in the Express Entry pool established by the Express Entry Instructions.
- Express Entry Instructions: Ministerial Guidelines for the Express Entry System, published in the Canada Gazette, Part I, on December 1, 2014, and amended periodically.
- Specific Ranking: (a) For classes mentioned in paragraphs 2(a) to (c) of the Express Entry Instructions, the ranking among eligible foreign nationals qualified to apply in that specific class; and (b) for the class in paragraph 2(d) of those Instructions, the ranking among eligible foreign nationals who are members of that specific class.
- Invitation: Holds the same meaning as in section 1 of the Express Entry Instructions.
Invitations – Duration 2. Invitations under these guidelines may be issued from October 24, 2023, to October 25, 2023.
Invitations – Quantity 3. The number of invitations that may be issued for each class mentioned in column 1 of the table in this section is specified in column 2.
|Classes||Number of Invitations|
|Class referred to in paragraph 2(a) of the Express Entry Instructions (Federal Skilled Worker)||0|
|Class referred to in paragraph 2(b) of the Express Entry Instructions (Canadian Experience Class)||0|
|Class referred to in paragraph 2(c) of the Express Entry Instructions (Federal Skilled Trades)||0|
|Class referred to in paragraph 2(d) of the Express Entry Instructions (Provincial Nominee Program)||1,548|
Ranking 4. Invitations can be extended to eligible foreign nationals based on the following criteria:
For the class mentioned in paragraph 2(d) of the Express Entry Instructions, invitations will be offered to the top 1,548 eligible foreign nationals according to the specific ranking for that class.