Your quest for a Canadian work visa from the UAE has brought you to the right place. Canada offers a wide range of job opportunities in various fields, with over 800,000 job openings available as of September, spanning from entry-level to senior positions.
The type of work you plan to engage in while in Canada will determine the specific work visa you require. A2W Consultant, recognized as the leading Canadian immigration consultancy in Dubai, UAE, offers comprehensive solutions for obtaining a work permit in your dream destination, Canada. We will provide insights into the various visa options available, so continue reading to discover the one that suits you and your family best.
Types of Canada Work Permits
Canadian work permits are primarily categorized into two types:
- Open Work Permit
- Employer-Specific Work Permit
Open Work Permit
An open work permit allows you to work for any employer in Canada, with some exceptions for ineligible employers. Certain circumstances may make you eligible for an open work permit in Canada. For instance, you may qualify for an open Canadian work permit if you are the spouse or family member of someone employed on a temporary basis at a Canadian university or college.
Employer-Specific Work Permit
Foreign nationals with employer-specific work permits are authorized to work in Canada as long as they meet the conditions stipulated in their work permit. These conditions typically include details such as:
- The name of your prospective employer.
- The duration of your employment with the employer.
- Specific work location (if applicable).
Requirements for Obtaining a Canada Work Permit from the UAE
- Prior to receiving a Temporary Work Permit from Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC), an applicant must have a job offer from a Canadian employer.
- The processing time for a work permit application from the Middle East region is approximately 24 weeks.
- Certain occupations may necessitate an approval known as the Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA). Canadian employers may be required to obtain an LMIA to hire foreign workers.
- The LMIA demonstrates that foreign workers are essential for the job and that there is a shortage of qualified Canadian candidates.
- A work permit can only be issued after the employer has received LMIA approval. Workers must meet the following criteria for obtaining a work permit:
- A formal employment offer letter.
- A signed employment contract.
- A copy of the LMIA approval.
- The LMIA number is assigned to the employer.
How to Apply for a Work Permit in Canada
Below, discover how to apply for a Canadian Work Visa from the UAE.
Employers Apply for LMIA Before hiring a foreign worker, employers may need to obtain a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA). LMIAs demonstrate the necessity of hiring a foreign worker to fill a specific position.
Receipt of LMIA Approval and Job Offer Once an employer receives a positive LMIA, they must provide the skilled foreign worker with both the LMIA approval letter and the job offer details. These documents are required for the work permit application in Canada. The “Job Offer Letter” or employment contract must include the following details:
- Job title
- Job description
- Position requirements, including responsibilities and roles
- Start and end dates and times
- Salary information and breakdown
- Employer’s name and address
Application for a Canadian Work Visa from the UAE With LMIA approval and the “Job Offer Letter” in hand, skilled foreign workers can commence the process of obtaining a Canadian Work Permit. Here’s how:
- For those seeking a temporary work permit for Canada, submit your application to Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
- If you plan to work temporarily in Quebec, you may also need to obtain a Certificat d’acceptation du Québec (CAQ) from the Canadian employer hiring you.
- A visa officer may request an interview as part of the application process for a temporary Canada work permit visa. During the interview, the visa officer will assess your application and job profile, among other factors, to evaluate how your employment may impact the job prospects of Canadians.
- If the visa officer is satisfied with the overall assessment, you will be granted a Canada Work Permit.
- Depending on your type of employment in Canada, you may also be required to undergo a medical examination, as requested by Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), before your arrival.
Receipt of Temporary Work Permit Upon your entry into Canada, a Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) agent will issue you a Canadian Temporary Work Permit. Some foreign nationals may also require a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) to enter Canada. Therefore, before departing from your home country or region, you must apply for a temporary resident visa at the Canadian visa office responsible for your location. Once approved, the team will affix a TRV to your passport.
What Sets Reliance Immigration Apart as the Premier Immigration Consultancy in Dubai?
Reliance Immigration Services comprises a highly dedicated and proficient team of professionals equipped with the latest skills in the immigration industry. At Reliance, our primary objective is to provide you and your loved ones with the greatest opportunity for success in your visa application journey, transforming your migration dreams into reality.
We shoulder the cumbersome tasks of case filing and documentation, allowing you to relax and breathe easily. Our seamless process is facilitated by our efficient legal experts and an interactive case management team. Our ultimate mission is to assist our clients in achieving their immigration goals.
Our Comprehensive Immigration Services Include:
- Complimentary Consultation and Counselling
- Eligibility Assessment
- Document Preparation and Filing for the Application Process
- Visa Application Submission Upon Approval
Choose Reliance for a smoother path to your immigration objectives.