Definitions in Express Entry System:
1. Act: Refers to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Loi).
2. Eligible Foreign National: Denotes a foreign national with an expression of interest in the Express Entry pool established by the Express Entry Instructions (étranger admissible).
3. Express Entry Instructions: Represents the Ministerial Instructions Respecting the Express Entry System, published in the Canada Gazette, Part I, on December 1, 2014, and amended periodically (Instructions concernant le système Entrée express).
4. Full-time Work: Holds the same meaning as in subsection 73(1) of the Regulations (travail à temps plein).
5. Group Ranking: Indicates the ranking among eligible foreign nationals in a specific grouping established in section 5 (classement du groupe).
6. Invitation: Carries the same meaning as defined in section 1 of the Express Entry Instructions (invitation).
7. National Occupational Classification: This has the same meaning as in section 2 of the Regulations (Classification nationale des professions).
8. Regulations: Refers to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (Règlement).
9. Work: Bears the same meaning as in subsection 73(2) of the Regulations (travail).
Establishment of Trade Occupations (2023-1) Category for Ranking:
For ranking purposes under paragraph 10.3(1)(h.2) of the Act, the Trade Occupations (2023-1) category is created for the period specified in section 7.
Eligibility for Trade Occupations (2023-1) Category:
To be considered a member of the category established in Section 2, an eligible foreign national must meet the following requirements:
- Accumulated at least six months of full-time work experience (or equivalent in part-time work) within the three-year period preceding the category’s establishment, in one of the occupations listed in the table of this section.
- Performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification during the period of work experience.
- Executed a substantial number of the main duties of the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification, including all essential duties during the work experience period.
Note: Work experience described in (1)(a) to (c) must be accumulated within the three-year period preceding the date the officer receives their application for permanent residence.
Occupations by National Occupational Classification unit group code and title
|72014||Contractors and supervisors, other construction trades, installers, repairers, and services|
|72106||Welders and related machine operators|
|72200||Electricians (except industrial and power systems)|
|72400||Construction millwrights and industrial mechanics|
|72402||Heating, refrigeration, and air conditioning mechanics|
|72406||Elevator constructors and mechanics|
|73200||Residential and commercial installers and servicers|
Exclusion of Unauthorized Work in Canada:
In calculating a period of work experience for the purposes of section 3, any unauthorized work done in Canada shall not be considered.
Establishment of Grouping for Ranking:
To comply with subparagraph 10.3(1)(h.1)(iii) of the Act, a grouping of eligible foreign nationals is established for ranking purposes. This grouping consists of eligible foreign nationals who are eligible to be members of the category established in Section 2.
The Objective for Economic Goal:
In creating the category mentioned in section 2, the Minister aims to bolster Canada’s long-term economic prosperity by enhancing the responsiveness of federal skilled immigration to the labor market.
Under these Ministerial Instructions, invitations may be issued during the period from August 3, 2023, to August 4, 2023.
A total of 1,500 invitations may be issued to eligible foreign nationals within the grouping established in Section 5.
Required Ranking for Invitations:
Eligible foreign nationals within the group ranking must be among the top 1,500 to receive invitations.
How Can Reliance Immigration Assist You?
Our team comprises dedicated and efficient professionals equipped with up-to-date skills in the immigration industry. At Reliance, we are committed to providing you and your loved ones with the best chance of success in your visa application process, turning your migration dream into reality.
Leave the tedious work of case filing and documentation to us, while you take it easy. With our efficient lawyers and interactive case management team, we ensure a smooth and hassle-free process. Our ultimate goal is to help our clients achieve their immigration-related objectives.
Our comprehensive Immigration Services include:
- Free consultation and counseling
- Eligibility assessment
- Filing & documentation for the application process
- Visa filing on approval