AUSTRALIA PR VISA: Your Path to a New Beginning
Explore 400,000 Job Opportunities.
Embrace 195,000 Immigrants in FY 2022-23.
Gift Your Children Free Education.
Access Premier Healthcare Facilities.
Unlock High ROI Opportunities.
Embark on your journey to Australia from India.
With its inclusive culture, lively cities, and sun-kissed beaches, Australia stands as a dream immigration spot. Attain permanent residency and relish the freedom to live, study, work, or even establish a business in the country for a span of 5 years. With its diverse population and progressive policies, Australia extends unparalleled benefits to its citizens, making it an ideal haven for you and your family. Plus, as an English-speaking nation, assimilation is seamless.
Australia Migration Advantages Australia stands out as an ideal destination for family migration due to a range of compelling factors:
Diverse Job Opportunities in sectors like Engineering, IT, Education, Healthcare, and more 🇦🇺 Citizen-centric policies
Access to Free Healthcare
No-cost Education for Children
Pleasant Climate with Abundant Sunshine
Multicultural Cities Offering High Quality of Life
Australia at a Glance List of Australian Visas:
- Visit Visa
- Student Visa
- Training Visa
- Work Visa
- Family Visas
- Skilled Visas
- Permanent Residence
Secure indefinite stay in Australia through a Permanent Resident status, attainable via visas such as skilled work visas under General Skilled Migration (GSM) or family visas. Permanent residents have the privilege of working, studying, and accessing Medicare. Additionally, they can sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residency.
An Australian permanent resident can work in New Zealand without needing a work visa, but it’s important to note that permanent residency is distinct from citizenship, and a different passport will be held.
Australia’s permanent residents can travel to and from the country multiple times with a 5-year travel facility granted with the permanent visa, as long as the visa remains valid.
Australia’s efficient immigration system has streamlined application processes, and Y-Axis, equipped with an expert migration team, ensures the best chances of success by assisting with decision-ready applications. RMA-certified professionals in Y-Axis’ Australian partner office can evaluate and guide your application, instilling confidence in your submission.
Australia’s Skilled Migration Pathway
Australia’s Skilled Migration program beckons highly skilled professionals worldwide with promises of exceptional quality of life and unwavering economic stability. Boasting one of the globe’s most robust economies, Australia shines as a diverse realm of cultures fueled by a profoundly skilled workforce. Spanning a vast expanse, Australia stands as the sixth-largest nation by land area, exclusively encompassing an entire continent.
Presently, Australia’s doors are wide open to migration, particularly catering to overseas applicants. A selection of states offers sponsorship to candidates whose occupations feature on the critical skills list, often necessitating onshore residency. As the 2022-23 fiscal year unfolds, states are beginning to launch their skill migration initiatives for both onshore and offshore aspirants, although some are yet to detail their criteria and application acceptance.
Given Australia’s substantial demand for skilled migrants, the present moment presents an opportune juncture for application. As per the latest updates, applicants are encouraged to promptly undergo skill assessment and attain the required English proficiency scores to meet sponsorship eligibility.
Notable visa subclasses within the Skilled Migration Program comprise:
- Skilled Independent Visa (subclass 189).
- Skilled – Nominated Visa (subclass 190).
Seek Employment Opportunities in Australia.
With over 800,000 job openings across 15 diverse sectors, Australia presents a wealth of options. Here are some of the most sought-after professions in the country, along with their corresponding average annual salaries:\
|Occupation||Annual Salary in (AUD)|
|IT||$99,642 – $ 115, 000|
|Marketing & Sales||$84,072 – $103,202|
|Engineering||$92,517 – $110,008|
|Hospitality||$60,000 – $75,000|
|Accounting & Finance||$77,842 – $92,347|
|Human Resources||$80,000 – $99,519|
|Construction||$72,604 – $99,552|
|Professional and Scientific Services||$90,569 – $108,544|
Australia’s Immigration Outlook for 2022-23
Yearly, the Australian government elevates migration planning quotas and extends invitations to candidates across diverse migration programs. In the upcoming 2022-2023 period, certain streams and categories offer enhanced prospects, aligning with the nation’s abundant job openings and particularly promising avenues for skilled applicants.
Notably, the immigration cap will rise from 160,000 to 195,000 in the current fiscal year, as highlighted by Neil, the Home Affairs Minister, during a two-day summit attended by 140 representatives from government bodies, businesses, trade unions, and industries. Prime Minister Anthony Albanese announced a substantial allocation of 180,000 free slots for vocational education institutions. This significant shift elevates the target of permanent residency in Australia from 160,000 to 195,000.
To seize this opportunity, Australian states have resolved to initiate the skill migration program for FY 2022-23, accommodating both onshore and offshore applications. Prospective foreign candidates are advised to promptly complete their skill assessment and fulfill the required English proficiency benchmarks for sponsorship eligibility.
The Australian government’s recent announcement signifies a remarkable increase in permanent immigration by 35,000, amplifying the immigration target from 160,000 to 195,000 for the ongoing fiscal year. Minister O’Neil of Home Affairs shared this forward-looking plan during a two-day summit that convened 140 representatives encompassing governments, businesses, trade unions, and industries.
The following table depicts the allocation for each state for the FY 2022-23:
|State||Skilled Nomination (Subclass 190) Visa||Skilled Work Regional (Subclass 491) Visa|
Australia’s Skills Assessment Process
Australia, a highly urbanized nation, extends a warm welcome to global immigrants, fueled by an array of employment opportunities spanning Engineering, Healthcare, IT, Construction and Mining, Manufacturing, Tourism, and Accounts and Finance sectors.
The Australian immigration procedure is straightforward, operating on a point-based system that evaluates several criteria, including:
- Work Experience
- English Language Proficiency
- Adaptability (Including Spouse’s Skill Assessment, Australian Education or Work Experience)
Instantly assess your eligibility for an Australian work visa using the Y-Axis Australia immigration points calculator – a free and easy-to-use tool. Discover your potential today!
|Age (25-32 years)||30 points|
|English proficiency (8 bands)||20 points|
|Work Experience outside Australia (8-10 years)||15 points|
|Work Experience in Australia (8-10 years)||20 points|
|Education (outside Australia) – Doctorate degree||20 points|
|Niche skills such as Doctorate or master’s degree by research in Australia||10 points|
|Study in a regional area||5 points|
|Accredited in community language||5 points|
|Professional year in a skilled program in Australia||5 points|
|State sponsorship (190 visa)||5 points|
|Skilled spouse or de facto partner (Age, Skills & English language requirements to be met)||10 points|
|Spouse or de facto partner with ‘competent English’ (No need to meet Skills requirement or age factor)||5 points|
|Applicants without a spouse or de facto partner or where a spouse is an Australia citizen or PR holder||10 points|
|Relative or regional sponsorship (491 visa)||15 points|
Pathways to Immigration in Australia
Embarking on Australian immigration offers a range of avenues; the following are the key pathways for seamless immigration:
- Australia Skilled Migration
- Business Migration
- Employer Nominated Migration
- Permanent Residence Routes for Australia PR Visa:
- Work Stream
- Family Stream
- Investment Stream
Eligibility Criteria for Australian Immigration Typically, a minimum score of 65 points is a fundamental requirement for obtaining an Australian work visa. However, scoring between 80-85 increases your prospects for both Australian immigration and securing a PR visa. Points are determined by factors such as age, education, qualifications, work experience, adaptability, and more.
|1||PR Visa Validity||5 years||5 years||–||–|
|2||Occupation should be listed||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|4||Education, Employment, and English requirements||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|5||Sponsored by||–||State||Regional State||Employer|
|6||PR Eligibility||–||It is a PR. However, applicants have to stay 2 yrs in sponsored state||Work for 3 years in 5 years with at least minimum taxable salary of AUD 53, 900 P.A in Regional Areas to convert to PR||Based on the eligibility|
|7||Temporary visa||–||–||5 Years. Applicant can move between the regions||2 – 4 Years|
|9||Applicants can enroll to Medicare||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|Stages of Process & Timelines:|
|1||Skills assessment||2-3 months||2-3 months||2-3 months||2-3 months|
|3||State sponsorship||2-3 months||2-3 months||2-3 months||2-3 months – Employer nomination|
|4||Process Timelines||4-8 months||4-8 months||4-6 months||4-6 months|
Australia Immigration Prerequisites Essentials for Australian Immigration
- Points: Achieve a minimum of 65 points on the Points Grid.
- Age: Be under 45 years old.
- English Proficiency: Provide PTE or IELTS test scores.
- Skills Assessment: Undertake a skill evaluation by authorized Australian entities.
- Occupation: Your occupation must feature on Australia’s Skilled Occupation List or Priority Migration Skilled Occupation List (PMSOL).
Australia Immigration Points Chart
*Assess your Australia eligibility with the Australia Immigration Points Calculator.
Guide to Acquiring Australian PR from India Step 1: Confirm Eligibility
- Ensure you meet the eligibility criteria.
- Check if your occupation is in demand.
- Validate your points based on the points table.
Step 2: English Proficiency Test
- Verify your English language proficiency through approved language tests like IELTS, PTE, TOEFL, etc.
- Enhance your scores with Y-Axis Coaching services for IELTS, PTE, and TOEFL.
Step 3: Skills Assessment
- Obtain a skills assessment by an accredited authority to align with Australian standards.
Step 4: Express Interest
- Register an Expression of Interest (EOI) on Skill Select.
- Answer questions related to your skills based on your chosen visa subclass.
Step 5: Receive Invitation to Apply (ITA)
- After submission, if your application fulfills the requirements, you’ll receive an ITA for Australia PR.
Step 6: Submit the PR Application
- Submit your PR application within 60 days.
- Include all necessary documents such as personal, immigration, and work experience records.
Step 7: Attain Australia PR Visa
- Once your application is processed, obtain your Australia PR visa, completing the journey.
Duration for Australia Visa Processing The processing duration for various categories of Australia visas encompasses:
|Type of Australia Visa||Processing time|
|Visit visa||20 to 30 days|
|Student visa||1 to 3 months|
|Training visa||3 to 4 months|
|Work visa||2 to 8 months|
|Family and partner visas||23 to 30 months|
|Skilled visas||6.5 to 8 months|
|PR visa||8 months to 10 months|
Australia Immigration Updates August 21, 2023
Simplified Pathways for Skilled Migrants by Western Australia
Starting July 1, 2023, the Western Australian (WA) Government has introduced amendments to the eligibility criteria for the WA State Nominated Migration Program (SNMP):
- Introducing an invitation ranking system treating Interstate and Overseas candidates equally.
- Prioritizing invitations for occupations crucial to WA’s industries, according to the new WA State nomination invitation ranking system.
- Easing employment requirements for invitees in WA’s building and construction sector (aligned with WA State nomination Occupation lists).
- Expected commencement of invitation rounds for 2023-24: August 2023.
August 18, 2023
Australia Global Talent Visa Assessment Fee Update
The assessment fee for the Australia Global Talent Visa is now $835 for overseas applicants (excluding GST) and $918.50 for Australian applicants (including GST).
August 17, 2023
Accelerated Australian Visa Processing Times
The Australian Department of Home Affairs has announced reduced processing times for various visa categories, with Australian Student Visas now processed within 16 days (previously up to 49 days). Temporary Skilled Shortage 482 visas are now processed in 21 days.
August 01, 2023
Extended Australia Post-Study Work Rights Course List
International graduates can extend their Temporary Graduate visa by two years by enrolling in over 3,000 eligible courses.
July 30, 2023
Fee Update for AAT Migration Review Applications
From July 01, 2023, a new fee of $3,374 applies to AAT migration review applications.
July 26, 2023
Australia-India Migration and Mobility Partnership Arrangement
Australia and India have established a Migration and Mobility Partnership Arrangement (MMPA), expanding visa options for students, visitors, business individuals, and professionals. The new Mobility Arrangement for Talented Early-professionals Scheme (MATES) offers Indian graduates and early-stage professionals a dedicated pathway.
July 14, 2023
Canberra Matrix Invitation Round: 14 July 2023
ACT Invitation Round held on 14 July 2023 issued 822 invitations.
|Canberra residents||190 nominations||491 nominations|
|Matrix nominating Small Business Owners||18 invitations||6 invitations|
|Matrix nominating 457 / 482 visa holders||8 invitations||3 invitations|
|Matrix-nominating Critical Skill Occupations||138 invitations||88 invitations|
|Matrix-nominating Critical Skill Occupations||299 invitations||262 invitations|
Frequently Asked Questions
Am I Eligible for Australia Immigration?
You can meet the criteria for Australian immigration if you satisfy the subsequent prerequisites:
- Points: Attain a minimum score of 65 on the Points Grid.
- Age: Be under 45 years of age.
- English Proficiency: Furnish PTE Score or IELTS test results.
- Skills Assessment: Undergo skill assessment by certified Australian authorities.
- Occupation: Your occupation must be featured in Australia’s Skilled Occupation List or Priority Migration Skilled Occupation List (PMSOL).
What’s the Timeline for Immigrating to Australia?
The duration for immigration to Australia via a PR Visa typically ranges from an average of 5 months, potentially extending up to 12 months based on individual circumstances. With all necessary skills and points in place, the process can be completed in approximately 3 months.
What’s the Procedure for Migrating to Australia from India? Here’s a systematic guide to the Australian immigration process:
- Secure IELTS certification meeting the necessary score.
- Attain a Skill Assessment from the relevant authority for evaluation.
- Choose an occupation listed in the Skilled Occupation Lists.
- If applicable, acquire Nomination/Sponsorship from an Australian Territory or State.
- Lodge an Expression of Interest (EOI) on SkillSelect.
- Upon profile selection, you’ll receive an Invitation to Apply for the Visa.
- You’ll have a sixty-day window to submit your Australia Visa application.
What Are the Qualifications for Moving to Australia?
As stipulated by the Australian government, securing an Australian visa is a prerequisite for entry into the country. The Australian government offers a range of visa types, including:
- Visitor Visa: For short-term visits, valid from one month to a maximum of 12 months.
- Sub-class 771 Transit Visa: Facilitating transit through Australia, with a 72-hour validity.
- Sub-Class 602 Medical Treatment Visa: Intended for medical treatments, consultations, or organ donation.
- Sub-Class 417 Working Holiday Visa: Available for individuals aged 18 to 30 from select countries, allowing a 12-month holiday combined with work.
- Sub-Class 462 Work and Holiday Visa: Similar to the Sub-Class 417, offered to people from countries like The US, Brazil, China, and more, for a maximum of 12 months.
- Sub-Class 500 Student Visa: Designed for full-time studies at recognized Australian Educational Institutions.
- PR Visa: For those aiming to attain permanent residency, offering the right to work, live, and receive benefits like medical coverage (Medicare) from the Australian government.
- Sub-class 155, 157 Resident Return Visa (RRV): Allows PR holders to return to Australia after traveling abroad, with validity ranging from 3 months to 5 years.
- Sub-class 444 – Special Category Visa: Exclusively for citizens of New Zealand who meet specific health and background criteria.
- Sub-class 808 Confirmatory Resident Visa: Granted to individuals fulfilling requirements under a Norfolk Island Immigration Permit (GEP, TEP, or UEP), enabling them to live and work across Australia.
Each visa type serves different purposes and requirements, ensuring a variety of options for those aspiring to move to Australia.
What’s the Points Requirement for Australian Immigration?
As of July 1, 2018, the points score for Australia General Skilled Immigration has been elevated. Applicants for the Australia Skilled Visa now need a minimum of 65 points.
How to Obtain an ACS Assessment for Multiple Job Codes for Australia Immigration?
You can acquire an ACS assessment under various occupation codes in the ANZSCO classification. However, exercising caution is crucial when applying for a second assessment with different occupation codes. This is especially pertinent if you’ve already received a positive ACS report for one occupation.
It’s imperative to substantiate your claim with evidence that you indeed fulfill the roles of the new occupation under the ANZSCO code, meeting ACS requirements. Seeking advice from ACS before submitting a new application under the new occupation is recommended. Applicants have the choice to either link the second application to the initial one or submit an entirely new application.
What’s the Processing Duration for an Australia Visitor Visa Applied for in India through an IMMI Account?
The timeline for processing an Australia Visitor Visa varies due to multiple factors. Depending on the nature of applications, it can range from a few days to several weeks.
How to Submit an Application for an Australian Visa?
Understanding the complete process of applying for an Australian Visa is crucial. Below is the step-by-step procedure for the most common types of visas sought by Indians:
- Select the Visa Type: Choose the visa category that aligns with your purpose and gather comprehensive information about its specifics. For instance, if you’re planning a short visit, consider Sub-class 600.
- Online Application (e-Visa): Indians have the convenience of applying for an Australian e-visa online. The form entails basic questions about financial status, travel history, identity, health, employment, and the purpose of your visit. Prepare this information beforehand for a smoother application process.
- Document Submission: After completing the application form, submit the necessary supporting documents. Ensure none are omitted. These documents might include evidence related to work, education, date of birth, financial capability, and travel history.
- Fee Payment: Pay the Australian e-visa fee online. The fee amount can vary, so stay updated. Note that using a credit card for payment may incur an additional surcharge (bank-dependent).
- Application Submission: Once the application form and supporting documents are uploaded, hit the ‘SUBMIT’ button. You’ll receive an email confirming the receipt of your application.
- Waiting Period: Following submission, await a response. An email will notify you whether the visa has been granted. Be aware that updates on the visa’s progress are not typically provided.
- Visa Grant Notice: If you receive a visa grant notice, carefully review details about the visa’s duration, travel permissions, entry frequency, and other critical information.
Navigating these steps will help you navigate the Australian visa application process effectively.
How Can Reliance Immigration Assist You?
Reliance Immigration Services comprises a team of dedicated and contemporary professionals equipped with current expertise in the immigration domain. At Reliance, we are committed to providing you and your loved ones with the optimal opportunity for success in your visa application journey, transforming your migration aspirations into reality.
We handle the laborious tasks of case filing and documentation, allowing you to relax. Our streamlined process is facilitated by adept attorneys and an interactive case management team, ensuring a hassle-free experience. Our primary aim is to facilitate our clients in achieving their immigration objectives.
Our Immigration Services encompass:
- Complimentary consultation and counseling
- Eligibility assessment
- Efficient filing and documentation throughout the application process
- Visa filing upon approval